Probably one of the rarest pieces of the Xenaverse, today I bring a very special post about the latest addition to my collection: Argo’s complete gear. I had never seen a complete set in anyone's collection before; I believe it was never been auctioned or sold. This piece has resurfaced after more than 31 years. And I must say, it is really impressive in person.
Directly from New Zealand, here is the complete, screen-used Argo’s gear used by Tilly (Argo’s real name), the horse featured during the series.
The ensemble includes: Argo’s saddle, chest collar, leather saddlebags, horn/pommel, fur blanket, stirrups, bridle, and reins.
The saddle completely is covered with a thick brown fur skin (likely sheepskin) to provide cushioning and warmth.
The pommel/horn is a tall, curved structure made of wood and covered by reddish-brown leather that stands at the front, decorated with small brass metal studs along its seams.
The horse chest collar is crafted primarily from thick brown leather, paired with central sections of black leather. The edges are fully decorated with intricate leather lacing, which reinforces the piece while adding an ornamental finish. The central oval concho is made of brass with a sunburst relief pattern. At the center of this medallion—as well as on the smaller side rivets—are inlaid paua shells with iridescent glints.
The stirrup features a classic D-shaped arc with a wide, flat base designed to provide a stable footing. The metal frame is fully wrapped in strips of brown leather.
The under-padding is a thick black wool lining designed to cushion the horse's chest against friction.
I always dreamed of getting Argo's saddlebags, but this exceeds all expectations; I never even thought I’d manage to get a single piece related to Xena's mare.
Photos for reference:
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)




.jpg)








No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario