viernes, 29 de septiembre de 2017

Talking about Xena Greaves

The Xena Greaves/Kneepads/Kneeguards are one of my favourite Xena costume piece. Its highly detailed with different sizes of rivets, and a dragon claws shape around.



Comparing Xena Original screen-used greaves photo from the Te Papa Museum in New Zealand and the replicas from Todds Costumes, I have observed that they almost look alike. Both, the screen-used and Todds replica is made of leather and rivets are placed in the same way. Here its a comparision:


In my opinion, first, Todds greaves replicas are made with a light brown leather and the original ones is darker. When Ive received my Xena greaves I've worked carefully to find the same painting for the dragon claws details and I tried to paint it in the same way as the original. I think finally Ive got a good result!! Also, the dragon claws shape has minimal differences bewteen the screen-used and the replica, the ones in the Todds replica are bigger and are closer together than the shape from the screen-used one. However, in my opinion, is one of the best works Todd Coyle ever made.

Xena Greaves Front. Here is a clear photo to see how the Todds replicas look. I think they look absolutely incredible. 



Xena Greaves Back. I wanted to show the back part because we have always seen the front part but is less common to see the back part. I have to admit that Ive sewn to the leather pieces a real sport black knee pads to get a greater resemblance to the original Xena Knee Greaves.

I want to share some photographs where the kneepads can be seen worn by Lucy Lawless.

Xena wearing her Knee guards in "A Family Affair" from season 4.

Xena fighting wearing her knee greaves.

Xena during the first season in the episode "Beware Greeks bearing Gifts"


Next blog entry will talk about Gabrielle season 6 costume. Hope you like it!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario